If you want to return a product you have purchased, you can do so within 30 calendar days of delivery, if the product is unused and in its original packaging. If the packaging has been damaged we may charge a restocking fee of up to 20% of the returned product's value, depending on the product & level of damage.
If the product has already been used/installed or in any way altered, we won't be able to offer a return & refund.
To initiate a return please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order #.
Please, keep in mind that the responsibility to return products in their original condition lies in you. With that in mind, it's important to keep a few things in mind:
- Please pack the products so that our boxes/envelopes arrive in good condition. If they arrive in bad condition, even if it wasn't your fault (i.e. they got damaged in transit), we'll have to charge a restocking fee to cover part of our loses.
- The cost of the return shipping label will be deducted from your refund.
- If your order was eligible for free shipping and the remaining order value after your return is less than the threshold value for free shipping, then the cost to ship this order to you will be deducted from your refund. For example, if you ordered products for $500, and you get free shipping for orders over $50, then you return products worth $451 or more (so the total remaining value of your order, after the return, doesn't meet the free shipping threshold), then the cost of shipping to you will be deducted from the return together with the cost of shipping the return.
- Once we issue a return label and send it to you, you have 2 weeks to mail the package back to us. After this time, if you still haven't mailed it, we'll cancel the return process. Have in mind that depending on when you request the return, that may mean that you will be outside of the returnable period.
- We can only issue refunds for return packages that are delivered to us. If the package gets lost in transit, and we never receive it, we won't be able to issue a refund. Currently we're unable to offer shipping insurance on returns, so if you want to insure the return package, please do so at the post office prior to sending it.
If you want to exchange a product you bought for another (for instance different color), please follow this procedure:
Contact us to initiate a return, following the return rules outlined above
Place an order for the new product you want
We'll ship the new product as per our shipping policy (in most cases within 24 hours on a business day), and we'll issue a refund of the returned product once we receive it & inspect it.
Damage on arrival
If an item arrived damaged, please take a photo and email us at email@example.com with the photo and your order # and we'll send a replacement for free.
If your package hasn't arrived, please check the tracking number you were provided. Chances are it's still in transit. Sometimes carriers delay packages (we too don't know why), and the status would show as "Arriving late", "Scheduled delivery pending" or similar. We have no control over that, and based on our experience it's best to wait as they usually do arrive. If you need it urgently, you can re-order with a different shipping option and just return the original one once it's delivered.
If the package shows as Delivered but you don't see it, please take the following steps before contacting us:
Check if it's in your mail box, front porch, back porch or wherever else you think it may have been left by the carrier staff
If you still can't find it, please ask around your neighbors if that's an option - sometimes carriers deliver at the wrong address but usually it shows up with neighbors
Contact the carrier and explain the situation, ask for recommendations
If nothing else works, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll arrange for a replacement.
Package arriving late
Unfortunately every now and then, carriers like USPS, UPS, FedEx etc won't meet their delivery estimates and a package would arrive later than expected. It's important to realize that we have no control of this. Once we ship your order, you automatically receive an email from our store with tracking #. Once you do, it means that we've prepared your order and printed a shipping label. Once we do that, your order goes to the carrier on the same day except in the cases where we work overtime on holidays in which case your order will be with the courier service on the next business day. Once the courier has your order, we have no control over what happens next. Any fees you may have paid for shipping, we pay to the couriers, we make 0 profit on shipping. For these reasons, if your package is running late, please address it with the courier directly using the provided tracking #, and if you want to be compensated for unmet delivery promise, please address it with them, as we can't issue a refund on shipping unless the mistake was on our end.
Missing / wrong item
As much as we try to prevent any errors at shipping, we're human too, and mistakes do occasionally happen. If an item you ordered didn't arrive or it's the wrong item, please take a photo of the label on the package that show the item you received or a photo of the entire package if there is something missing, and email us with your order # at email@example.com. We'll send send you the correct item immediately and depending on the item we may ask that you return the one you got (if you received the wrong item). If that happens we will cover the return shipping expense.
Damage during installation
Our products are tailored to the DYI person. It is your responsibility to watch the installation video and follow the instructions closely (we provide an individual installation video for each one of our products). It's also your responsibility to make a good judgement about your own skills based on the installation video and determine if you can properly install the product(s) that you want. As such, we won't be able to offer returns/refunds or free replacements once you've installed our product, whether it was a successful installation or not.
Many of our products are made out of multiple pieces. If you messed up just some and need replacement pieces, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which ones. We can sell you the replacement pieces that you need, so you don't have to re-purchase the entire product on a multi-piece product. Have in mind replacement pieces are priced higher (i.e. if you bought a product made of 3 pieces it will be cheaper to buy it as a single product than buying the 3 pieces separately). The reason for that is that we don't keep stock of replacement pieces and we custom-make them when needed for a specific replacement, so there is extra labor involved as well as inefficient material usage.
If you messed up a single piece product (for instance hood PPF) we can arrange a replacement at a discount.
Why don't you offer endless replacements and free returns?
It's simple. Because we're a small family owned business operating at low margins, and we simply can't afford the abuse we've seen before we've implemented these rules. We also don't believe that we should markup our prices for everyone, in order to cover the cost of the 10% of people who take advantage of lax return policies, so we will let the cost go to whoever incurs it, while everyone else can enjoy competitive prices.